Monday, December 10, 2007

From Wawa to Elliot Lake

Hello Beth,

It as if I already know you, David was fond of speaking your name and some special moments you both endured, as too the live CD.

I’m from Wawa, Ont.(originally from Nova Scotia) And we travelled down to Elliot Lake (6hrs plus) to catch your husband and Craig. It was a good show although I believe we were the youngest in attendance as I’m sure you are aware that Elliot Lake is a retirement town. I believe David can concur.

I first heard a David Francey song about 2 months ago on a special program on Folkroots on Sat radio and Jesus, there it was; first a storyteller in my style of music and second, an accent that couldn’t of gone any better than toast and peanut butter.

I’d just like to pass on a big hello to David from the Wawa crew, and hope all is well on the rest of his tour, I will be driving down later to catch a show in southern Ontario.

P.S. If he doesn’t remember me, I’m the one who will be trying hard to get him and yourself up here in Wawa for a private get-together for a few close friends - and I was driving the Bentley.

Take great care, J L