Thursday, December 11, 2008

Beautiful Music

Hi.

Just wanted to tell David that I meant to tell him, when he autographed my CD last night, that I think he is a wonderful balladeer and raconteur.

David, your songs are melodious, your voice gentle and comforting, the words of your songs express our universal experiences of loss and love (such wonderful love songs) and aging and the human condition. One of my favourite lines: “And the heart that’s breaking never makes a sound.” Ain’t that the truth?!

I have virtually all of your CDs now. And am really enjoying the new one. (Listening to it now. )

Wonderful concert. Beautiful music, delightful stories…you’re very funny and you tell good stories. Thanks for one terrific evening.

All the best on your Australian tour, David, and for 2009,

K