Wednesday, December 6, 2006

From Russia with Love

This past summer I moved to Russia, on my own, never having lived abroad before, or even having travelled to Eastern Europe. I don't even speak Russian. Yes, I am crazy. I am Canadian - Saskatchewanian, in fact - through and through, and Russia certainly is not. It has been a tough transition, but your music has made this giant step out of my comfort zone a little bit easier. Listening to your albums, especially "Live at Folk Alley," makes me feel like I have an old friend near by - listening to your stories, and the music that has long touched my heart, never fails to soothe my soul, make me laugh, and put my life in perspective. And the way you speak about your undying love for Beth absolutely melts my heart.

You have touched my life, David. Thank you so much for sharing your gift with the world. A.B.